Wednesday, June 13, 2007

"Bitten" by celebrity desegners?

Its seems like lately every celebrity and their mother (or actually sister) is launching a new clothing line. I can't help but wonder when I look at some of the pieces whether the celebs are "becoming" designers to boost their own fame, or because it's actually a passion. SJP's line Bitten seems to be doing pretty well so far. Considering the low prices, the range of sizes, and being sold at Steve & Barry's which is mostly known for selling college apparel at low prices. I was a little skeptical when I first learned she was launching a line. Sarah Jessica Parker isn't one of my favorite celebrities, but I think she did a fantastic job. I haven't bought anything from the line yet, but my cousin did last week. She got the cutest camo skirt for less than 9 dollars. That's right, 9 dollars. What do you think about celebrities-turned-fashion designers?

No comments: